Thursday, January 24, 2013

2013 Houston Auto Show at Reliant Center, Houston, TX


Today, I’ve recently attended the 2013 Houston Auto Show at the Reliant Center, Houston, TX to see the latest models from major top makers, i.e. Ford, Kia, Lexus, Mazda, Nissan, Porsche, Toyota, etc.
Most of the cars displayed in the Auto Show were fascinating. One of the cars that got my attention was Scion’s new sports coupe, FRS. The FRS is the latest model that should be replacing the infamous AE86 used in many racing games and animes, for instance, Initial D, driven by Takumi Fujiwara, delivers Tofu in the middle of the night on Mt. Akina. The FRS should have the same handling capabilities as AE86 with the exception of higher horsepower and performance. When I sat on the driver seat, I feel the FRS is too small for me to fit. It does remind me a lot like the 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse that I used to ride with, even though I pushed the seat all the way back. Overall, the car looks fantastic with its AE86 resemblance. Toyota could have put the FRS model under their name; instead turned to put it under their sister company, Scion, for attracting young auto enthusiasts and regain the Scion car market.
The other cars I saw were the upcoming 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STi. This 4WD vehicle still kept the original box-like model structure from the past Impreza WRX STis. The one that was displayed on the Auto Show was the white colored model with the original Impreza WRX STi spoiler. As I sat on its driver side, racing-bucket seats, it felt roomier and spacious. It does remind me like the 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer X GTS that I once sat before on the 2010 Philadelphia Auto Show.
During my visit, I’ve also viewed the 2013 Ford Mustang GT, Porsche 911 Carrera 4S, Nissan 370z, Dodge Rams, and Toyota Tundras. So far it was pretty exciting; however, the one thing that disappoints me the most was Nissan did not present the 2013 or 2014 Nissan GTR. I was very anxious to see how it feels to be on the driver’s seat of the 2013 or 2014 Nissan GTR. Perhaps Nissan may present their next GTR by next year. There were Lamborghinis and classical cars in the Auto Show, but they were nothing special. On the other hand, there was a Lamborghini Mucielago LP-670 SV which was on display as a modified version from some customized auto part maker, I do not reminder who the auto part customized maker was (sorry if it didn’t help).
Outside from the Reliant Center, I’ve test drove the 2013 Kia Optima, Soul, and Sorena, including the 2013 Nissan 370z and Maxima. All of the cars feel great. If I were to choose one of them, it would be the Kia Soul because of its acceleration performance and spacious cargo room. My second choice would be the Kia Optima for its 270 HP engine (Turbo boost model only) and braking. My final third and fourth choice would be the Nissan 370z and Maxima for its own engine speed, power, handling, and acceleration performance..
I left around 6:30 PM CST because it was getting too dark.
It was well worth it. I would recommend a friend to visit the Auto Show next year round.
The Auto Show will only be available from Jan 23-27 2013. Tickets are on sale for $10 (Cash only).
Before I end this post, I have present for you to view. I’ve took a video recording of the 2013 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S with all its red color glory. Check this out.. Comments? Enter below.
P.S. I was not able to record the other cars in the auto show because I was too damn lazy. Too many to list. I apologize.

 

6 comments:

  1. I think this event gathered so many participants. With the coolest cars in Texas, I guess many would still be interested for the next events.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe so. I hope the next event will introduce the new 2014 Nissan GTR in the near future.

      Delete
  2. Hello Buddies! here is the news for you that you can get the used cars on cheap price that will really fascinate you. check this link.houston used cars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do not use spam on my blog. Final warning. One of these show again and I will permanently delete it. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. I personally like such kind of shows too much because i always get so many latest information from here.Thanks for sharing this amazing information here .
    affordable used cars in Houston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your welcome. Intial D was one of my favorite anime racing shows, back then. It's good thing the FRS will continue the tradition.

    ReplyDelete